Sunday, December 30, 2007

[Year 2007] -Me-Life-Flavors-

It's the last day today. 2007 is over. Time to celebrate? Well, certainly not! It's a time to mourn for the whole nation since the "Daughter of the Nation" has passed away. But in midst of all this sadness and monotonous whining, I feel strange. All this is very familiarly strange! In a country where more then 100 men die everyday without leaving a trace, a country where [I don't know] how many daughters and mothers get assaulted everyday, burned everyday... People of such a country should be ready for this type of "traumas" and "mourning"! no? Are we really used to mourning? And frankly speaking, somehow I don't know why should I feel sad for her? Yes! She was a strong woman, Yes! She was the daughter of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto [I don't know who he was and how he was BTW! But I do know he was the one who teared apart that papery something in the Security Council.. He is "The Man"]... Why should I stop working because she died? Few days back, a 4 year old son of our household maid was crushed to death by a reckless, drunk truck driver.. I didn't stop working that day. Nor did I mourn! Oh c'mon don't tell me that poor child didn't go oxford or Harvard and wasn't a "strong willed" child!

But I feel sad. Probably for this city. Because I belong to this city. Probably watching cars burn, people shouting and darkened streets make me depressed. God Bless! --

Khair, lets move on. Year 2007 has been different for me. If I had to compactly sum it up in one word, it would be "Life". Yes! 2007 has been like a whole life... going up, going down, achieving, losing, laughing, crying... love, ignorance, anger, jealousy, spiritual.. LIFE!

[I had orignially written a lot of emotional stuff about the year but now I feel my emotions just don't matter! So.. sab khattam!]



Noor.


Monday, December 31st,2007


2:04 AM


Edited on Thrusday, 3rd Jan, 2008

2 comments:

xunz said...

I'm older than u!

Anonymous said...

[Sent by a friend through a SMS]:

Waise I read your articles. They were marvellous.. Hatss off tou you for your extra ordinary writing and your intelligence. Great work yaar!

Zehra--