Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reflections

It’s not about explaining things in a different way. It’s about seeing them from angles that are sometimes overlooked, tabooed, forbidden or hidden. It’s about reflecting on them. But is that really a possibility? If something practically exists, it can’t be tabooed and if it’s meant to stay untouched unknown, why would that thing possibly exist? It’s not just about the war between structuralism and functionalism, understanding them and then glamorizing them with cold, unfelt and proper inflected words.

People around me often ask "Why do you love playing with words so much?" "Why in the world you have this obsession of defining everything so differently?” No. It’s not like that. Seldom they realize, I don’t explain things differently, I rather see them that way. And then I question. That’s so natural. And pretty rational in case you heed about logic too much. Try this. Wear an outfit, stand in front of a mirror, see you reflection in it. A minute, two minutes. And? And then you start reflecting. That reflection isn’t just about that image of yours or your pretty outfit. It’s something beyond that. Some questions pop up, "Am I looking good?" "Have I gone plump?” et cetera. Something sometimes very basic and illogical. You can’t avoid this whole process. Yes you can ignore and break that cycle in between but if it has to complete, it should be about observing, reflecting and reflecting again and this process goes on and on. This very thing can make you stand in front of that mirror for hours!

They say an apple fell on Newton and he gave the ultimate gravity to the world. They missed such a key point there. They didn’t recognize even Newton couldn’t avoid the cycle since he was a human too. What happened is: An apple fell on Newton's head [He is observing], he absorbed and analyzed what had actually happened and why [Reflecting]. And he didn’t stop there. He questioned it. Queried it. Inquired. That’s so Reflecting Again. I told ya, it gives a complex, tangled mass of questions but then it worth it, no? Reflections are bound to yield magnum opus.

Watching, observing, absorbing, reflecting, questioning, and questioning... This whole process… It’s such a beautiful prodigy no? I believe answers are inherent to God and questioning to us, humans. This should be encouraged while educating ourselves. It’s such a core point. Irrespective of the answers, right wrong whatever, questions should be raised. A question should transcend into another question and if it goes like this, you allow yourself to get close to God, you allow Him to do what He does the best. You allow Him to ANSWER.


*Smiles*I know I'm getting absurd and incomprehensible day by day. Full sympathies with all those who love and want to be with me, but you see, I just say what I see, what I feel. Being with me can get silly, impractical and coarsely uneven but it mustn’t be dull. I live in a world where nothing ends… everything just transcends.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You use your brain too much. =D

Saadia said...

Keep the cap on!

Erum Tasneem said...

I did read two posts. Sorry I just skimmed through as I have this huge order which is keeping me at my toes! As soon as I am done with all the invitations I will be visiting your blog. :o)

Tazeen said...

Same old philosophical Noor, then? Nice... really nice :)

P.S.: The Pursuit of Happyness was... I don't know... it just kind of opened new windows for me. And yeah well, the kid was cute :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, dude. But how come you visited my blog. Its a personal diary and I have turned off the search options. Man!! People are reading my personal diary :) Kidding.
I liked your blog. Very spiritual. My type.

Regards,
Haroon

gone! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gone! said...

Incredible :) It was very philosophical and left tons of question to ponder over!

Anonymous said...

I would still want to be with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Noor,
Thanks for leaving your mark on my page :)

I love the concluding paragraph, more because I share a similar philosophy to life. There are no endings or new beginnings... yes its just the transcedence from one phase to another.

They say everyone has their own perspective on things, it doesn't matter which angle you look from, at the end of the day there is only one Creator. But hats off to Him and in appreciation of His Creation, even in the one earth He created, He puts millions of colors - all human beings are the same and yet different in the way they look, every one has one brain and yet it works differently.

We all question, but in different ways, for example, people question your play with words, :), people question their God or whoever it is they believe in all the time, people question a million and one things....

My only concern... the questioning is negative, only when you are depressed, confused, unhappy - and so you achieve nothing out of it.

Amusingly, everyone needs something to believe in for their survival yet if they question, if they reason, it shakes their faith ... so we get used to sitting in our comfort zones and saying things happen for a reason... There is no reason if you can't identify it. :)

There is no blind faith without miracles and miracles are God's way of saying question it ... your life, your success, your dreams, your aspirations ... everything is for a reason.

Anonymous said...

Yai banda meeri soch rakhta hai X)

eLiXir said...

I see circles and more and more of them. P.