Monday, March 16, 2009

Mean in Less

Old friends, wacky pathani jokes, good food... Synonyms. Oh we all were laughing so much that night. Amazing stories we all had, about lives, its weird situations and of course, about our better halves. 

And there she said, pointing her finger somewhere :

"Look! I want to go that far"

"Where? Moon? "

"Kion bai Kamila? Imran se bhaag rahi ho? "

She doesn't hear that. Smiles and goes on with her meal.

"Kaho?"

"Kiya?"

"Meinney poocha Imran se bhaag rahi ho?"

"Nahin"

"Tou phir chand par ussey saath le jaogi?"

"Chand? What chand? Kon jaa raha hai chand par?"

"Arey tum..."

"Mein?"

"Uffff!! Kamila.. Rehney do!"
___________________________________________


Hmmmm... nature can stir you in so many ways. Inspire you stimulate you , bring out the treasured from within. That scenic beauty of a full moon delighted and then connected her with nothing but herself. Symbolic, an omen that she is surrounded by nothing but herself. Its not moon, now its her destiny. She can see it, she knows its right there...   

Listen to those echoes of nobody, its only natural. Dance as those raindrops sanctify everything... See those birds as they fly... higher and higher,  just like you dreams. Follow them. Bring them back. Love them and pamper. And then... let them fly again. 


Close your eyes. Is it still all black?

I'm not sure. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

'let them fly again'

I love how you relate dreams to a bird.... it's simply beautiful.
I sure hope Kamila sees the depth in your writing as I have ;)

Anonymous said...

its not black at al...
it can never b till u r open to urself...
by the way it's a nice topic to b written on and nice thing to b think on!!

Anonymous said...

You know the way I see it.....I always believe that its more colorful within, its never black. things can change the way they want but there is a world filled with colors, desires and hopes inside us which makes us ready to face whats out...
I totally agree with Diljeet:) Thanks for tagging me Ali, hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

hey its a great topic yaar!!i must say that u have written it very well...i dont think there is mch to say coz diljeet and khalida have added the same thng tht i feel abt it...so good going keep it up Noorali ...m always wid u .....

Tazeen said...

It's beautifully expressed...!

Ubaid said...

love the expression !!

gone! said...

"Nahin"

"Tou phir chand par ussey saath le jaogi?"

"Chand? What chand? Kon jaa raha hai chand par?"

"Arey tum..."

"Mein?"

"Uffff!! Kamila.. Rehney do!"
I can relate so well to this dialogue. Actually, the whole post!

Tazeen said...

I re-read this. I remember when I first read it. That was long time back, I suppose. I could just close my eyes and when I do open them... nothing's the same.