Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Because no one is like you - II

This post is about hope. Because both, the one who is writing, and the one for whom it is being written, are driven by nothing but hope. Or perhaps I should go on to say, drawn as well towards each other by nothing but hope. Hope that trust would be treasured; hope that past would always be in past. We both have had our ups and downs, enduring hilly often rough terrains of life. But we must admit, that we both are incredibly blessed people, successful on our own tracks, unusual in our own ways. 

I remember the last time I wrote here, more than a month ago, I was coming to Amsterdam... I was coming to see you. Waiting for you at the cafe and then you came. Done with your exam, a little tired, but glowing. We were celebrating our six months of togetherness, two chicken fried rice, two cokes were ordered yet again. Now when you are back to your college, and me back to my work, all our memories, our peanuts in Barcelona to our biryani in Maastricht to that up-in-the-air baba in Rome to Pashtu photography in Athens... everything makes me smile all day, and realize how enriching this relationship has been. How blessed it has been. Just as I was coming out of shower few minutes ago, I sniffed my arm to check if smells good... something I always, always used to do when you were around. These silly things are so charming, our humor when together I feel, is hysterical. 

We are both very ambitious, and ambition always comes with a price. But why be afraid when we have known this fact since forever. In fact, this drive in you excites me, and the possibility of working together is an idea which can very well materialize the dream of uninterrupted togetherness. The price, well, can be disagreements but frankly, I do not see us doing well without them either. Conviction completes us both. 

Today, when I have an awful amount of work to handle, when next few months seem full of work and deadlines and travels and uncertainty, I find great peace in the fact that I was able to spend so much time with you. I can still hear those hearty laughs, I can still see us spending hours in bed together, I can still smell the fragrance of your body. They are here, intact. I feel very, very blessed to have had enough energy, love, time and money, well... money for the most part, all factors required to enable a person for such an exhilarating and soul stirring journey that I had in the last six months. 

I love you.

I will write more.

1 comment:

Anam said...

I think this is truly the cutest post you have ever written! :)