Thursday, March 06, 2008

Watching People...

"Why the hell are you staring at me like this? ghar pe maa behan nahin hai kiya?" These words suddenly rang through my mind and I immediately moved my eyes away from her face. No, I think she didnt notice me watching her but someone else might have... and how disgracful that might seem to him.

Watching people isn't bad. We all do it. It's not crime. And the article 252B of the constitution promises this fundamental right to every citizen of Pakistan. "Dekh magar pyaar se!" Yeah! This is precisely whats written in there. And what a relief it is! Certainly, watching people is the biggest source of entertainment for us. That also without tax and age limits. We love it, don't we?

But what do we actually look at? Face? yeah.. body? yeah... and let me just not get in detail about this. And what else? clothes? expressions? jewellery? Hmmmmm.....

I personally love watching people. Women in particular. For reasons not many would comprehend. Or may be they will. In anycase, I don't want anyone to interfere. You can join me but never ask where are we heading.. thats the fun part!! Hundreds of faces go through my eyes and believe me I watch each one of them. I look for the beauty, that feminine charm, those features.. I don't stop myself from moving forward. Reason? Well, Being an optmist, I always believe that something better is yet to come!

But every now and then, just yunhi, all of a sudden, I see my imaginations around me. In people. As people. Someone's way of talking. Someone's smile. Someone's body. Someone's scent. Someone's face. Someone's presence. These people give me sensations. My most cherished inspirations.

Every day of my life, I'm prepared to stop. Take sometime out and watch them. And absorb.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

DEkh magar pyaar se!!!!!!...kya baat hai!..very well said!!
koi dekhe to bhi problem!!...koi na dekhe to bhi problem!!!!

Shakespeare said: Eyes r meant look!!!
That first look...the first smile....everything begins with eyes....it knows no boundaries.....it can see , it can even touch, it can even kiss.

My father says: Women has two tongues, one her eyes and other lips....she speaks every emotion through it...love hate, anger,sadness, joy compassion......without uttering a single word.
So when u want to see someone.....make a definite eye contact....helps u to know what is deep down in someones heart!!!!!!!

Tazeen said...

Okay, watching isn't prohibited but then, there's a thing called 'privacy' and another called 'security.

Starting off with privacy, people like to look good or feel good solely for themselves. Like me. And if some other person's taking benefit from it, it doesn't feel like reaching the top of the world, exactly.

You're the Observer. You know our country has so many security concerns. Has them. Has been having them. And if you stare or like you say, 'watch' someone, s/he might think you're a terrorist :D

At least I feel that way. But beware, I master the self-defence arts!

Unknown said...

" I personally love watching people. Women in particular. For reasons not many would comprehend. Or may be they will. In anycase, I don't want anyone to interfere. You can join me but never ask where are we heading.. thats the fun part! "


* In *some* cases .. you can't even join !! Sorry :P

gone! said...

This post reflects your honesty :)