Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Ultimate 'Dheedhs'


1: 45 AM, I was working on a project when got a call from Imran's mother.

"Beta Imran has gone through an accident. He is in the hospital, quite serious"

OH damn!... I immediately switched off the work I was doing and called other friends... "AKU Emergency, jaldi!". I didn't tell anyone at home where was I going and just rushed out. I was shaken but not stunned, apprehensive of accident's severity but I somewhat knew what must have happened... I know Imran well.. and his ways.

15 minutes and here I was standing with his elder brother outside the room where doctors were working on him. 

"I don't know man! Whats ***king wrong with him. Hazaar baar samjhaya ke mat chalao tez, mat karo bike racing.. par nahin!". YesI was right like everyone else. This all was expected since a long time. 
________________

After 6 days of unconsciousness and critical care, he finally resumed talking. That day, we just got to talk 4, 5 minutes before his father came in with food and all.  But those 5 minutes... that conversation... defines the way we live our lives. A belief that makes us poles apart from the rest. And it makes us come back for more...

First minute of our conversation:

"Kiya yaar!!! What's all this shit man?"

"Kiya?"

"Hmmmm.. Yeh!" I pointed at his broken plastered leg.

"Yeh? Aisehi. Chal Chor, aur suna!"

"Tu bata. Dard horaha hai?"

"Thora"

"Hmmmm.."

"But you know... I'm satisfied"

"Why?"

"Cuz just before I went down, I did what I wanted to do since a long long time... I actually performed that stunt! Now can you believe that?"

"Really? You did it? But how?"


*Smiles* For next 2, 3 minutes... he overlooked his pain and I forgot to be sympathetic. 
_________________

People like Imran are not afraid of the punishments. They are not afraid of fresh starts. They can start from anywhere they want. Their minds dream, their hearts feel, their souls survive. Sometimes... they might feel embarrassed... cuz of the failures they meet in this rationally but artificially crafted world. They might have a guilty conscience... cuz of the pain they give to people who love... cuz of the society finds them inapt for their own understanding.. 

But then..

They do have a bad memory too. No guilt no pain can halt the chase they revere so much. Made with a built-in ability to kill their  past and get back to life, these are actually the stubborn children of God. They are the 'Indisputable Dheedhs ' of the modern times...


And I somewhere believe.. They are the only ones who actually LIVE!

Image: DeviantArt 
Thomasdelonge
 

4 comments:

Xeb said...

I don't know whether to feel sorry for Imran (because he almost died)or celebrate with him, and applaud his sentiments! :P In either case, I'm glad he's better.

Zyenab said...

Sometimes, in occassions such as this one... they say, its good to be scared, because it means you still have something to lose.
Hope your friend gets well soon.

Zyenab said...

Ali, (just saw ur answr on my blog) i meant scared from what happened to your friend. One should feel scared normally. Scared from the loss of life(which thankfully didn't happen), scared from risking out everything for an adventure, and scared from letting go of those people empty handed whose love and kindess reared you all your life (speaking of family)

Unknown said...

There is fine line between outright madness n passion for adventure!!!!!.....People , especially youth should b aware line , not cross it n learn to value life and also loved ones around them.....Life is high itself.....u dont need sheer mindless adventures to get a kick or high whtever u call it!....Noor , please b careful while choosing examples for ur posts...because people read them...assess them......ponder on them..imbibe them......so dont mix up passion with sheer life killing madness!

Imraan , I pray, u get well soon!!!